Monday, December 21, 2009

It's Been a While

"Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you preserve my life;
you stretch out your hand against the wrath of my enemies,
and your right hand delivers me.
The Lord will fulfill his purpose for me;
your steadfast love, O Lord, endures forever.
Do not forsake the work of your hands.
" (Psalm 138:7-8, ESV)

This psalm gives me great comfort for all that life's circumstances bring under God's sovereignty. Essentially what David said was that the troubled waters of life and wrath-pouring enemies can only do so much as far as God sees fit.

Let's not take forgranted the simple glories of what is tucked in here. Because we are promised, "the Lord will fulfill his purpose for me," you and I can confidentlty plead with the Lord, "Do not forsake the work of your hands," knowing that He answers the prayers of those that are in line with His good and perfect and pleasing will, as He reveals it from His Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment